This past week I attended EuroPython 2015 in Bilbao. A whole week of talks, workshops and social events around the Python ecosystem. I enjoyed the conference, learned a bunch of new things, taught a few of them, and mostly, laughed and shared with other pythonistas.
On monday, I participated in the awesome DjangoGirls as a coach!
It was a great experience to go through this amazing tutorial (seriously, this is good stuff) with Caroline, Kelly and María. They three learnt a lot, and soon they were helping each other if I was busy. I feel so proud of my group. **You rock ladies! **. You can read this retrospective written by Mikey Ariel (@thatdocslady).
I gave two talks (YAY!); in fact, it was the same talk in english and spanish. I was preparing both for quite a long time, practicing my english pronunciation (this didn't finish exactly as a success) as well as improving the content. I had good questions and a very good feedback, so for me it was a good experience. The two versions of the talk, in english and spanish.
I also attended lots of talks, with different levels. Because this is my blog, I'm highlighting these talks:
- Todo es una trampa (by @jespinog)
- Playing with CPython objects (by @jespinog)
- Extending and embedding ansible with Python (by @lekum)
- Opening C-Python built-in clases (by @jespinog)
- Argentina en Python (by @cynpy)
- Efficient allocation of space (by @nip3o)
- How to become an exceptional programmer
The organization worked really well:
- the venue (Palacio Euslakduna) was a very nice and confortable place
- the food could be better (there is a max amount of croquettes that any human can eat!)
- the schedule was strictly followed, which is very important
- the talks were streamed and recorded
- the sponsors were instrusive (how not!) but not as much as I was expecting
So, as a conclusion: it was a very good conference; I'm very grateful for all the time shared with the colleagues of ticketeaeng, [eFrontiers](http://twitter.com/e_frontiers target=), Doraly, Cyn, Alex, Alejandro, Jesús, and many others!!